Celebrate October savings at your commissary
By Sallie Cauthers, DeCA marketing and mass communication specialist
/ Published September 20, 2013
FORT LEE, Va. -- October represents the unofficial start of the holiday season, and that's great for commissary customers who want to see store promotions, giveaways and more discounts beyond their usual 30 percent or more savings, said the Defense Commissary Agency's director of sales.
"Whether it is celebrating Oktoberfest with friends or Thanksgiving with family and a big, plump, roasted turkey, your commissary wants you to know we are here with extra savings and grand opportunities -- all part of your commissary benefit," said Randy Chandler, DeCA sales director.
"In October, we also recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month," he added. "Several of our industry partners are offering special in-store events that will be easily recognizable: They'll be wrapped in pink ribbons!"
Throughout October, DeCA's industry partners - vendors, suppliers and brokers - are collaborating with commissaries to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers are asked to check their local commissary for dates and times on the following promotions:
· Commissary Rewards Card. There are more than 1 million Rewards Cards being used by commissary shoppers worldwide. The card lets authorized shoppers download digital coupons redeemable in your local commissary. For more information, visit https://www.commissaries.com/rewards/index.cfm.
· "Nestlé Pure Life Pink Ribbon Pack - Let's Find a Cure!" Nestlé Pure Life water is promoting Breast Cancer Awareness month with special Pink Ribbon packaging. With a goal of $1 million, the company is donating a portion of its bottled water sales to be used to support breast cancer research.
· Help Build a Cure! Purchase $25 of Procter & Gamble products in one transaction and receive a pink tool set from Apollo Precision Tools by mail (a $30 value). Visit www.FamilyUnitPG.com for more details and to print your mail-in offer form. Offer available Sept. 26 - Oct. 9. P&G is also offering more than $72 in additional savings through your Commissary Rewards Card. Digital coupons are good through Oct. 25. Look for P&G's Pink Hot Buys in the October brandSAVER coupon booklet - more than $97 in savings! Coupons good through Oct. 30.
· "Crisco Cares." From Sept. 26 to Dec. 31, The J.M. Smucker Company will offer low prices on Crisco's best-selling everyday items, along with many products featured in the commissary's Holiday Baking and Fall Club Pack promotions.
· Oktoberfest! Continuing through mid-October, commissary customers will find in-store displays and coupons for imported items from Germany and other European countries. A full line of products will be available: chocolates, cookies, sauerkraut, mustard, red cabbage, pickles, noodles, coffee and more.
· Thanksgiving holiday meal. Beginning Nov. 1 until supplies run out, Kraft Foods, General Mills, Rice A Roni, Heinz, P&G, Nabisco, Kellogg's, and Hefty/Reynolds Wrap will provide shoppers in the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) with Thanksgiving holiday meal coupon booklets featuring more than $43 in savings. The booklet includes preparation tips and holiday recipes. Check out their customized turkey websites at www.mymilitarysavings.com and http://www.militarywivessaving.com/. The U.S. booklets will be located in customized holders, and the overseas booklets will be handed out by store representatives. Supplies of these booklets worldwide will be limited.
· ConAgra Foods: Hungry for Football Every Day Event. Beginning Sept. 26 through Oct. 23, customers should watch for the Hungry for Football store displays featuring recipe books with coupons. Also visit www.conagracommissarydeals.com for coupons and a list of all the items ConAgra has on sale.
"The fall season is a busy time for commissaries," Chandler said. "We're offering daily scan-down specials and club packs at great savings. Our fresh produce section has coupon bundles. And if you don't have your Commissary Rewards Card yet, go ahead and get it now at your commissary, because you don't want to miss out on any of the values commissary shopping brings."