Tickets Available for 60th Anniversary Air Force Ball
By 45th SW Public Affairs Staff Reports
/ Published September 11, 2007
PATRICK AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. -- Patrick and Cape Canaveral AFS will celebrate the Air Force's 60th Anniversary during the annual Air Force Ball Sept. 22 in the Radisson at the Port in Port Canaveral.
The guest speaker is Space Development and Test Wing Commander Col. Kevin McLaughlin. Entertanment will be provided by the Air Force Reserve Generation Band.
Dress will be black tie (optional) for civilians, mess dress or semi-formal for enlisted and mess dress for officers.
Tickets will be on sale until Sept. 14. The cost is $40 for ranks E-9, O-4 and up, GS-12 and up and community members; $25 for ranks E-7 through E-8, O-1 through O-3, GS-11 and below, and Civil Air Patrol personnel; and $15 for ranks E-1 through E-6. Payment must be made by cash or check only, with checks payable to the Air Force Association.
Military personnel may purchase tickets from the following representatives:
- Wing Staff: Tech. Sgt. Lynn Houskas or Staff Sgt. Lasasha Woods at 494-7512
- 45th Launch Group: Maj. John Andrade at 853-9906
- 45th Medical Group: Tech. Sgt. Manni Suprai at 494-8190
- 45th Mission Support Group: Capt. Darren Sackett at 494-2764
- 45th Operations Group: Capt. Chris Bergstrom at 853-8189 or 1st Lt. Bill Conway at 853-3390
- AFTAC: 2nd Lt. Eric Blattner at 494-6521
- DEOMI: Capt. Brian Humphrey at 494-5790
- Det 1, 2nd Space Operations Squadron: Staff Sgt. Kimberly Bertrand at 853-6110.
The child development and youth centers will be open from 5:30 to 11:30 p.m. the night of the ball for authorized parents who need child care. The cost is $20 per child, which includes dinner. Parents must pre-register and pre-pay by Sept. 19.
The committee is sponsoring a fundraiser at the Patrick Commissary Aug. 30 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Two designated lanes will be manned by volunteer baggers looking for donations to assist in making this year's 60th Anniversary Ball a success. Additional volunteers can contact Tech. Sgt. Mannie Suprai at 494-8190.
For more information military personnel can contact Lt. Col. Patrick Youngson at 853-2261. All others can call Chris Bailey at 543-3914.