Colonel Tracy K. Bozung is the Commander of the 45th Medical Group at Patrick Space Force Base, Florida. The group supports missions at Patrick Space Force Base and Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida, Human Space Flight liaison functions, 216 geographically separated/tenant units and 4 mission partners. A team of 300 personnel manage a 63 million dollar defense health plan budget executing quality patient centered care for 53,000 beneficiaries in Central Florida. The medical group trains and equips medics to execute contingency requirements of the Air Force and Space Force while mitigating occupational and bioenvironmental risks.
Colonel Bozung entered active duty in 2000 after graduating first in her class from the United States Air Force Academy. Dr. Bozung received her medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School and her Masters of Public Health from Wright State University. Dr. Bozung maintains board certifications in aerospace medicine and family medicine. She has served as medical director for family and flight medicine clinics. Col Bozung was a senior physician on a joint Provincial Reconstruction Team in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, providing medical care to deployed forces, project management, and mentorship to Afghan leaders. She served as the Deputy Director of the Pentagon Flight Medicine clinic, where she had the privilege of being the physician for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and a member of his travel team. Col Bozung also had the honor of commanding the 23d Aerospace Medicine Squadron at Moody AFB and the 86th Aerospace Medicine Squadron at Ramstein AB.
2000 Bachelor of Science Degree, Biology, Distinguished Graduate, USAFA, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2004 Doctor of Medicine Degree, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
2007 Family Medicine Residency, Malcolm Grow Medical Center, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
2011 Air Command and Staff College (in correspondence)
2012 Aerospace Primary Course, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio 2012 Medical Acupuncture for Physicians, Helms Medical Institute, Rockville, Md.
2014 Air War College (in correspondence)
2015 Master of Public Health, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
2017 Residency in Aerospace Medicine, USAF School of Aerospace Medicine, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2019 Certified Physician Executive Capstone, Tampa, Fla.
2019 Joint Senior Medical Leader Course, Defense Health Headquarters, Va.
2019 Combined Senior Leader Course, Defense Health Headquarters, Va.
1. August 2000 - June 2004, Student, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Mich.
2. July 2004 - June 2007, Resident, Family Medicine Residency, 779 MDG, Andrews AFB, Md.
3. July 2007 - July 2010, Element Leader, Family Medicine Clinic, 355 MDOS, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
4. July 2010 - June 2011, Senior Physician, Deployed, Provincial Reconstruction Team, Zabul, Afghanistan
5. June 2011 - May 2012 Medical Director, Family Medicine Clinic, 355 MDOS, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
6. May 2012 - May 2013, Chief, Pentagon Flight Medicine Clinic, 779 AMDS, Washington, D.C.
7. June 2013 - June 2014, Deputy Director, Pentagon Flight Medicine Clinic, 779 AMDS, Washington, D.C.
8. June 2014 - June 2015, MPH Graduate Student, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
9. June 2015 - June 2017, Resident, Aerospace Medicine Residency, USAFSAM, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. July 2017 - July 2019, Commander, 23 AMDS, Chief of Aerospace Medicine, Moody AFB, Ga.
11. July 2019 - June 2020, Commander, 86 AMDS, Chief of Aerospace Medicine, Ramstein AB, Germany
12. July 2020 - present, Commander, 45 MDG, Patrick SFB, Fla.
Rating: Senior Flight Surgeon
Flight hours: 532 hours,12 aircraft
Aircraft flown: C-5, C-17, C-32, C-40, C-130, E-4, KC-10, KC-135, T-6, UH-1, HH-60, UH-60
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf cluster
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with device
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Member, Aerospace Medical Association
Board of Governors Member at Large, Society of U.S. Air Force Flight Surgeons
Member, Uniformed Services Academy of Family Physicians
Member, American Academy of Family Physicians
Diplomate, American Board of Family Medicine
Diplomate, American Board of Preventive Medicine
Member, American Association for Physician Leaders
Delta Omega Honor Society in Public Health
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 31, 2000
Captain May 30, 2004
Major May 30, 2010
Lieutenant Colonel May 28, 2014
Colonel May 28, 2020
(Current as of January 19, 2021)