ACCESS TO PATRICK SFB WILL BE NOT BE GRANTED UNTIL JAN 1, 2020.
Installation access will be granted between 0800-1900, with exceptions approved on a case-by-case basis for Veterans with Fam Camp or lodging reservations, or as a sponsored guest in base housing.
CAPE CANAVERAL AFS WILL NOT BE ACCESSIBLE TO USERS.
Eligible users can pre-register their VHIC at the VCC, Monday - Friday 0730 - 1630.
• Veterans or caregivers eligible for DoD installation and shopping privilege access must obtain the appropriate credentials from the VA.
• The credential identified for SCD veteran access to resale and MWR facilities is the VA issued Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC) marked “SERVICE CONNECTED,” “PURPLE HEART,” or “FORMER POW” from the VA.
• Upon the first visit to the installation, eligible Veterans must present their VHIC at the visitor control center. In addition to the VHIC, users must present an accepted form of identification for installation access. These forms of identification are outlined in DoD Manual (DoDM) 5200.08 Volume 3. Learn more here.
• To check VA health care enrollment eligibility and to enroll, visit a local VA medical facility; call 1-877-222-VETS (8387), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m., Eastern Time; or apply online at www.va.gov/healthbenefits/enroll
• Eligible SCD Veterans who are not currently eligible to obtain a VHIC will initially only have on-line shopping access while the DoD and VA are working on a credential for this special SCD vet group to obtain access to these on-installation privileges.
• Veterans who were awarded the Purple Heart
• Veterans who are former prisoners of war
• Veterans with service-connected disabilities (SCD) with VA certified ratings 0-90 percent
• Caregivers or family caregivers of veterans
• Family members of these new patron groups are not eligible; Escort privileges are not authorized.
• DoD Defense Commissary Agency commissaries
• U.S. Military, and U.S. Coast Guard exchange facilities
• MWR facilities access is limited to Category C retail/revenue generating activities on U.S. military, Defense Logistics Agency, and Coast Guard installations, such as golf courses, marinas, bowling centers, clubs and food and beverage facilities, etc. MWR programs and facilities supported primarily with appropriated funds are not authorized for access, such as gyms and fitness centers, libraries, child care centers, etc.
Eligibility: 1-877-222-VETS (8387)
VCC: (321) 494-0427
• Eligible caregivers will be issued a letter from the VA that indicates they are the primary family caregiver for a Veteran enrolled in the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers
• Letters will be mailed by the VA to caregivers in December 2019
• Letters will expire on 31 December annually and must be reissued by the VA
• For installation access and at point of sale, caregivers will need to show an acceptable credential (e.g., REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, U.S. passport) and their primary family caregiver letter.
• As with all other individuals seeking access to DoD installations, all eligible Veterans and caregivers must pass a basic on-the-spot background check prior to enrolling, and an automated check each time they enter the installation
• Veterans and caregivers with felony convictions, felony arrest warrants, or other types of derogatory information related to criminal history or terrorism will not be permitted entry to the installation