REAL ID Act extension expires Jan. 30

  • Published
  • By 45th Security Forces Squadron

Beginning Jan. 30, 2017, the 45th Space Wing and other federal agencies will no longer accept driver’s licenses and state ID cards from Washington, Montana, Minnesota, Missouri or Maine when trying to obtain installation access credentials such as Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) card or pass.  This is part of the Real ID Act signed into Public Law as PL 109-13, 49 U.S. Code section 30301, and Coded Federal Regulation Title 6, part 37.

Department of Defense Common Access Cards, dependent and retiree IDs can still be used to enter Patrick AFB.  Personnel who have a current installation entry DBIDS cards or pass can still use them until they expire.   

Personnel from the listed non-compliant states will have to show other documentation prior to obtaining a 45th Space Wing DBIDS card or pass. Once non-compliant states satisfy the REAL ID Act's requirements or receive an extension, supplemental documentation will no longer be needed. For the most current information or to see if the state of your issued ID changes from non-compliant to compliant, refer to the following Homeland Security website:

The supplemental documentation can be one of the following:

•    U.S. passport or U.S. passport card
•    PIV-I Card (personnel identification verification-interoperable) issued by the federal government 
•    U.S. military ID (All members of the U.S. Armed Forces, including retirees and dependent ID card holders and veterans)
•    Veteran health identification card issued by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
•    DHS "trusted traveler" cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
•    Transportation worker identification card
•    U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
•    Driver's license issued by the U.S. Department of State
•    Border crossing card
•    U.S. Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship (Form-550) 
•    Permanent resident card/alien registration receipt card (Form I-551)
•    Foreign passport with a temporary (I-551) stamp or temporary (I-551) printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa
•    U.S. refugee travel document to other travel document of evidence of immigration status issued by the DHS containing a photograph (permit to re-enter form I-327 and Refugee Travel Document Form I-571)
•    Employment authorization document that contains a photograph issued by the DHS (Form I-766) - in case of non-immigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer incident to status, a foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A bearing same name as passport and containing an endorsement of the alien's non-immigrant status, as long as the endorsement has not expired and proposed employment is not in conflict with restrictions or limitations identified on the form.
•    Identification card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies provided it contains a photograph and biographic information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address.
•    U.S. military or draft record (Certified copy of DD Form 214)
•    Native American tribal document
•    Foreign government issued passport with current arrival-departure records (INS Form 94) bearing names as the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of an aliens non-immigrant status, if that status authorizes the alien to work for the employer
•    Select university, library, or school cards containing a photograph, name and expiration date
•    Non-government photo identification with a person's name and address
•    Birth certificate or document with a person's full name and address
•    Utility bill or other documentation showing a person's name and address
•    Vehicle registration with name and address
•    License To Carry/Carry Concealed Deadly Weapon permit containing a photograph

For additional information, click here